Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Feelings of Uncertainty

This afternoon I had a strong feeling of uncertainty come over me.  I am stopped by 5-10 people each day asking about the baby.  I have told the story over and over and given them the info on when we will get the induction date and if we make it to then blah blah blah....

It is setting in that in possibly less than a week the sweet baby will be here.  Am I ready for this? Can I do this again? I have a 7 year old.  Life is good right now.  I tell him to get his shoes on and lets go and we are out the door in 5 minutes.  We don't have a schedule.  We get up late. We stay up late.  The only thing I have to remember to grab when we go out the door is my glasses.  And most of the time I forget these and have to come back in to get them.

Life is good right now I said.  But I wanted more.  Am I ready to shake life up again?

2 comments:

  1. You are. It'll all be a blink and you'll look back on these days of waiting and you won't remember anything by the good things. :-)

    A baby does change everything and it's a hard adjustment, especially after having a five-year-old who is very independent. It'll all come flooding back though and you'll savor each moment even more, because you've done it before and you know not to sweat the small stuff. AND... you know (and appreciate) how quickly it all passes.

    You'll be great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is actually 7 1/2 :)

      I totally KNOW this about looking back and not remembering all of this pain and emotion right now, but I just can't FEEL it right now.

      It will go so fast and I will want time to slow down I'm sure.

      Delete