Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blog Holes

My blog has so many holes recently.  I have jumped all over due to lack of energy to do any of it lately.  Please excuse me for that. 

 I thought of two things from the post about our trip to the water park after we got the call.  We called from home to book a reservation and then headed out of town.  It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there and they wouldn't take online reservations for the day of.  When we arrived to the lodge, there was a HUGE sign hanging above the entrance "Welcome National Cheerleading Something".  As we looked around we were surrounded by hundreds of high school girls practicing all around the grounds of the place.  They were ALL OVER inside and out for the two days.  Being surrounded by that many giggly girls could have only been topped off by coming to a baby convention :)

We arrived on Wednesday late afternoon.  We swam right away, hung out in the arcade, ordered pizza etc.  All of the things we could do to try to get our mind off of reality.  When I woke up in the morning, I tried to keep my eyes closed as long as I could.  I didn't want to wake up and face this day.  I wanted it to be a very bad dream.  I thought if I sleep a little longer I won't be in the hotel.  I won't be in this other state.  I will be that much closer to the baby girl we fell in love with.

But, it was real and I couldn't sleep forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment