Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh, boy what a day- or should I say {Oh, Girl}

I am so tired and I did nothing more than wait around all day!

The day started off the day with a text from A saying "today is the day :)"   She kept me updated all morning with info like: we are at the hospital, they just hooked up my IV, and called when they broke her water at 10 and contractions were starting. 

I told her I wouldn't call her or text ( I responded to hers, just didn't send her ones on my own) because I didn't want wake her if she was sleeping or if she was in the middle of something)  She had also told me she didn't get any sleep last night so I knew she would sleep if possible.

Matt wanted me to text her around 12 to let her know we were thinking of her.  I did but said she didn't need to respond if she didn't want to, we just wanted her to know we were thinking / praying for her.  I also told her earlier in the morning that she had lots of people praying for her around the US.  (Thanks if this is you!)  She seemed really excited about that. 

She didn't respond until about 3 and I was started to get worried.  I remembered that recently my cell phone doesn't get text sometimes randomly.  I was worried she might have text me and that I was the one not responding.  This is why our agency really advises not to use text because they don't want people getting upset if someone doesn't respond right away etc. 

When she did respond, she said she had been in terrible pain earlier but was now doing better.  She was dilated to a 10!  I told her it would be very soon and hang in there. 

Matt and I had taken naps in the morning, ran to Sub.way for lunch and tried to sleep a little more this afternoon.  We were so anxious we couldn't do anything else!  I text her and asked if the nurses and doctors have been nice to her.  As I went to pick up B from school at around 3:25 she text me back saying that they have been amazing and that they hung a mirror up for her and she could see baby's head! 

Some people text and drive but this girl texts and delivers!

B and I hurried home because I knew the baby would be here soon!  We arrived a few minutes before the call came in from A that she was here!  She has a whole head of hair, was 6 lbs, 6 ounces, 19 inches, and had dimples like her mom!

We told her to let us know if/ when she wanted us to come to the hospital.  She said okay and we continued to share a few more texts and she sent a few more pics.  A while later she said they were getting ready to move her to the other room and she was going to rest.  I had a feeling she was going to have us not come up tonight. 

A little later she did call and say she was really tired and if it would be okay if we come up tomorrow.  Of course I said that was fine :)  She said we can come anytime so I told her we would probably come in the morning.  Matt is having a harder time with it than I am. 

When she sent us some of the pics tonight, I told her " I can't WAIT to hold her"  She said, " I know, I can't put her down, she's such a sweet baby :) you guys are gonna love her!"

I said "I already do!" and she said, "I can tell :) you guys are gonna be wonderful parents" 

Aww, love.



    I am so excited for you!!! You're so close to meeting your baby and having all your dreams come true!!!

    I've been praying and will continue to do so! I'm looking forward to more posts and reading all about your happiness!! I am so happy for you!!!