Monday, December 3, 2012

Meeting Canceled

CW called today to let us know that edad had sent a text message to cancel the meeting for tomorrow.  He said he has to work.  She responded and asked him if he wants to reschedule it.  She waited a few hours and when she called me, she had not heard back.

He is only 16 and I am sure he is nervous.  I wish I could help him understand that we are not going to judge him.  I don't know if I could have understood that at 16 myself though.  I do hope we get an opportunity to meet him however.  I want to be able to share the story about what he was like when we met with him.  I want to have his approval for us to parent his child even though we are old enough to be his parents.  I don't want him to just sign relinquishments.  I feel that if he at least meets us, he is okay with us parenting.


Also, a few of you asked and I must have left out this important detail--- IT'S A GIRL!!!!  Love!

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine that at 16 he'd be petrified to have a meeting like that if he didn't have much support....Is the next step if he doesn't agree to a meeting that he relinquishes his rights at/after the birth? I'm sure you'd sooo rather meet him, though....But wow...he is just a baby himself. Amber, what a tough spot. So thankful they have YOU in their lives.

    ReplyDelete