Friday, March 30, 2012

Terrible News & Prayers Needed

We were nearing the end of the month and I was wondering where our monthly update was.  I don't want to be the girl who calls to bug them about it.  I know that probably not much has changed but these little bits of info are what keep me going! 

Matt received a call on Tuesday from the program director that our case worker has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of ovarian cancer.  She had surgery this week and will begin chemo right away.  They are planning on her being out for at least 6 months. 

She is young, upbeat, and wonderful.  I hate this news.  I don't understand it.  I don't her to be "one of us" now. 

They wanted to let us know that they will still show our profile and will have someone filling in for her but this is not what we were concerned with.  We are concerned about her and her life.

As much as I want a baby, I am not in a hurry.  I am okay if this slows things up.  Money stresses me out.  Are we going to be able to afford diapers, childcare, formula, and everything that comes with a baby???  I try to remind myself that most people are never "ready" completely but they find ways to make it work. 

Please pray for her during the dark days ahead.  She needs every single one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment