Friday, September 2, 2011

News for the day

All morning long I was thinking about how M told us she would after lunch on Friday.  I had some home visits to do with my job that morning but was sure to take my phone in with me just in case.   I went home for lunch and was then on my way to drop something off at a friends house before heading back to the office.  I had actually forgot about getting the call this afternoon for a while.  I had my phone in my hand when it rang but it went right to voice mail.  I quickly looked up who called and then realized it was the number from the agency.  I called right back and asked for M.  I pulled over because I started to feel so nervous that I couldn't drive and take this call.  She started off by telling me how she had met with her staff for over 3 hours yesterday.  She continued by saying that it was a difficult decision to choose between all of the applicants and I pretty much stopped listening and started silently crying and shaking.  I knew she was going to tell us that we didn't get in this round because she seemed to be going on and on about how they went through all of the families.  Then I heard her say that they would love to have us in the program and thinks we would be a great fit.  I think I lost it and then managed to say "thankyousomuch" and tell her how happy I was.  She continued to tell me that she enjoyed talking with us.  She said to be sure and take those training days off and that she would be sending us out the paperwork to get started.   Now is the time for us to start thinking about our family portfolio, home study, and saving like mad!

I called Matt right away who usually doesn't answer during the day.  I hadn't mentioned it to him last night or this morning as a reminder that today was the day she would call us.  I don't know if he remembered or not but it was pretty cool that he answered.  I told him we were "in" and he was very excited to hear the news.

There have been so many signs that this is where we are supposed to be.  When we first called this agency, we found out that they don't accept people from our county, only the county next to us.  I asked if there was any way we could still be in since Husband works in that county and we live in the next county over.  Instead of the lady saying "no" she said she didn't think she could work with us but that she would check with her supervisor.  The supervisor said "yes".

When the receptionist called to make our interview appointment, I felt stressed because of husbands new job and how hard it can be for him to request days off during this training.  He had the interview day off.  The 4 training days off are only required if you are accepted into the program.  He is not scheduled for a shift during any of the 4 days of training so no switching is needed.

My heart is so full of thankfulness!

When I got home from work, Matt gave me a big hug and asked if I was "so excited"  I said I felt more emotional than excited.  I just can't believe that the wheel is in motion to making our dream come true!

The time was 1:26

No comments:

Post a Comment